our favorite quotes

"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire."— William Butler Yeats
refresh for more

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Oh Duh

Well, in an effort to be honest, I am not going to just delete my shamefully embarrassing post about the fake "gmail custom time." The Chief was quick to remind me today that it was April Fool's Day. He asked me if I had even read what they wrote. I said yes. He asked me if I'd read the equation they used. I said yes. But if you know me, you know that math is not just not my forte, it's my hell. He told me that he was tipped off by their explanation for how they managed to "fix" this time issue: "Gmail utilizes an e-flux capacitor to resolve issues of causality." Apparently the flux capacitor is from the Back to the Future car. So sue me for not being a huge Back to the Future fan. Oh well, they got me. They got me good. I'm embarrassed at how incensed I sounded. You hear that, G-mail? Good one! I've been had. Now you all know who you can play April Fool's Day tricks on. I can't remember for two consecutive minutes what day it is. Blah!

5 comments:

Brooklet said...

how do you not remember the flux capacitor???

Liz said...

Well, I think I watched those movies maybe once and I wasn't paying close attention. I know, I know....

Lisa/Scott said...

That's so funny! No worries Liz, I'm sure you have much more intelligent things to do than memorize movies all day. (:

Melissa said...

Oh wow- I didn't read it all the way either and I fell for it too. Gmail was about to get one nasty e-mail from me- I thought that was such a rude idea! Good thing it wasn't real. Good joke.

Liz said...

Ha ha ha, I'm glad I wasn't the only one to believe it, Melissa. :)