our favorite quotes

"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire."— William Butler Yeats
refresh for more

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Urge

It's quite frustrating to feel the urge to write and yet have nothing interesting to write about.  For some, my days wouldn't even be considered "less interesting," they'd be considered downright BORING!  We don't venture out of the house much because of my sore feet and aching back.  I spend the mornings helping the boys work through their daily chores and some minor academics (And by minor, I really mean minor.  Sometimes all this consists of is me letting them play Starfall on the computer.).  By the afternoon, I'm beat.  So on comes Scooby Doo while Mommy takes a break to lie down.  Once break time is over, it's usually time for dinner prep.

Seriously.

That's it.

Pretty much every day.

My family is so patient with me.

I can't wait until I can sit in a chair or stand on my feet for an extended period of time again!  I miss doing art projects with the boys, or sitting down to play a board game.  And I especially miss taking them to the park or the beach.  This beautiful, warm weather is calling me out!  Alas, if caught outside without a bed or exercise ball when my back pain peaks, I'm doomed.  Doomed, I tell you!  It's excruciating.

On the upside, I do have more energy lately and I am DEFINITELY nesting.  And I am so grateful for that.  Just a while ago I was so worried that I would never get this burst of energy and I sorely needed it for all the household projects I had been neglecting.  The Chief has been WONDERFUL helping me complete all my tasks.  I boss him around and he takes it all in stride, moving from one chore to the next.  Just this weekend he cleaned out and organized our entire garage!  That was no small task.  He also tackled our backyard vine overgrowth a couple of weeks ago, which makes our yard seem ten times larger, though just a bit more dry and stark than before.

Buddha and Bugga are happy moving from chores, to "school," to cartoons, to backyard play throughout the day, but they were thrilled when The Chief came home last night and took them to the park after they ate their dinner.  They couldn't have been happier despite the waning light and the encroaching marine layer.  And I couldn't have been happier knowing they were getting out of the house for a bit.  :D

And now, to wrap this up and go lie down.  I'll leave off with a funny Bugga story.  Bugga is my arm lover.  This post should explain it all.  Yesterday morning he wandered into my bedroom and rubbed his hands along my exposed arm.  After a second, he paused with a sharp intake of breath and exclaimed, "HEY!  Who pumped this up?!"  After attempting to pout through a laugh, all I could get out was "Oh great."  Truly, though, I have gained more weight throughout this pregnancy than either of my others, not to mention the very sad fact that I started out quite overweight to begin with.  Therefore, I really have no one to blame (i.e. Karsten) for the aching back and sore feet.  It's all on me.  I think the fact that I'm doing a home birth also contributed to my greater weight gain through this pregnancy.  I've been more diligent about eating plenty of meat for protein and iron to protect against hemorrhage.  Meat, meat, meat.  It almost makes me sick except that I seem to be enjoying it much more than I used to (pre-pregnancy, that is).

And here are a couple of cute Bugga pictures because no post is complete without a picture.  :D  These are from back in March when Unkey Dino came to visit and help us drive to Utah for a family reunion.  The Buggster LOVED "typing" on Unkey Dino's computer.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And here is a more recent shot of all my boys (minus the fetus) playing with our new iPhones we acquired in May.

Photobucket

3 comments:

lindsey. said...

I saw the title of this and thought maybe you were going to be telling us that you feel like the newest Bagel is on his way. I don't know why but that is what I thought. But I enjoyed reading this post nonetheless and did not find it boring. I do wish you had posted the pic of you on the balance ball on a La Jolla sidewalk! That would really help illustrate your point. You are totally entitled to rest and take it easy these days! You'll be back in the swing of things soon enough. XOXO!!

Erin said...

i can't believe you are already so close to having this new baby! (though you probably can ... i have just been out of it.) good luck the remainder of pregnancy! can't wait to hear about the home birth ...

Laurie said...

You are so close! Your comment on my blog made me laugh. I am so happy to no longer be pregnant and I feel great. (I do not enjoy pregnancy at all). It feels so good to have all those aches and pains gone and to feel like myself again!!