our favorite quotes

"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire."— William Butler Yeats
refresh for more

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Well Looky Here

I've got myself a pretty new blog face. What do you think? I like it. The only problem is . . . it doesn't bring back brain cells and I can't think of a darn thing to write about! That is to say, I come up with stuff to slap up on my blog all day long, but every time I sit down to write about some of it, I can't remember any of it. Go figure. Does that ever happen to you?

So, I'm using the new Blogger interface. It's different. Not bad, just different.

Okay, that's boring.

Um, it's 2:32 in the morning and I can't sleep because JalapeƱo (see our new bagel identities in the spiffy new right sidebar) is away. :(

And also because Poppy Seed is waking up every 30 minutes. The stinker.

Asiago and Cinnamon Raisin have been having a grand old time with school this last week and a half. I'm much more organized this year and we're absolutely mowing through stuff as a result. It's great fun. But I'll write more on homeschooling later as I have much more I want to say and now I'm finally feeling tired enough to try my bed out (yay!). Since this was all so fantastically riveting, I think I'll leave you with the uplifting scripture passage that I have on our weekly assignment schedules for school:

Doctrine and Covenants 88:118 
"Seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom; yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom; seek learning, even by study and also by faith."

I love that learning "by faith" is so easy to do in our home/school environment. God is [appropriately] a part of every subject.

post signature

3 comments:

Christa Jeanne said...

Love the new codenames, Blueberry!!! Too cute. I really like the new design, too. Is the three-bar setup new, too? Did you do that in Blogger? My blog's needing a revamp. I'm actually working with the graphic design lead at work to come up with a personal brand and design to update across my personal blog, Twitter, and my soon-to-come professional blog (ah, the joys of a marketing gig - if I preach it, I ought to practice it too, right?). Anyways, I really like your new look. It's darling!

Courtney Wilson said...

Oooh, it's lovely!

Love that Scripture.

Daughter of Eve said...

Very nice! And, I'm looking forward to hearing more about your adventures in home schooling. :)