I've said it before and I'll say it again, this fight is far from over. What's more, the Liberal Left owns the Internet while Conservatives are barely making a squeak. We need more people on the Internet, defending traditional marriage, making their voices and opinions heard, influencing the impressionable youth of our nation. We need more blogs linking together to surge to the top of search engine blog search results. We need more people to represent a strong front of religion and morality against a wave of irreligion and secularism. We need you. And you, and you, and you.
So, in honor of this pep talk, I'll refer you to a few more awesome pep talks I've read in the last couple of weeks:
Beetle Blogger: Voice of Our Actions
"The picture is growing clearer and those who stand on the side of traditional marriage give a gift we ought to prize with support. The time of blissful ignorance is over. It is necessary to raise our voices and be heard, to band together for strength and unity to withstand the bully tactics of the opposition."
Does My Vote Really Matter?: The Need to Keep Our Voices Heard
"Now is not the time to sit back just because one issue was voted in our favor. Now is the time to stand up with the other 6 million Californians and reach out across the nation. Our grassroots effort is not over... it has just begun!"
Latter-day Commentary: LDS Bloggers Making a Difference
And finally, one of the best marriage defense blogs I've found is one that has just recently made its debut....
The Kingfisher Column: A repository of news and information on family issues - provided by the people, for the people.
Here's one from Kingfisher: Prop 8 Umbrellas
"A recent demonstration at the Washington, D.C., LDS Temple produced interesting results. A small group of protesters gathered outside the temple grounds. They displayed their signs but did not block traffic. They did not deface any property or engage in any intimidating conduct.
When a rainstorm came up, sister missionaries working at the temple's visitor center...."
How's that for a cliff-hanger?
This site has it all: resource links, marriage news feeds, and regular opinion submissions. I'm even on their blog roll. Holla!
So, if you still don't know what to do, here are a few suggestions:
1. Start a family defense blog here. (It's super easy, I promise). Want tips? Don't hesitate to ask!
2. Join the DNA (Digital Network Army) and start receiving specific assignments each day.
3. Join the DNA Facebook Group to show your support for the growing DNA.
4. Educate yourself here.
5. Write to your elected representatives in support of marriage.
6. Express disgust with offensive, anti-religious tactics such as this, by commenting on reporting articles.
7. And/or take a couple minutes each day to comment on any number of pro-marriage and family blogs (check out our sidebar for options). Comments help to convey establishment and build rapport, encouraging blog-reader growth.
Happy reading...and, hopefully, crusading.