our favorite quotes

"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire."— William Butler Yeats
refresh for more

Monday, March 8, 2010

Dear Chief,

You are my hero.  Thanks for being out right now, on this cold and gloomy night, doing my grocery shopping and running my errands instead of sitting warm and cozy at home.  And what's more to the point, thanks for happily and sincerely volunteering to do this for me!  Oh, and thanks for my new headlights, too.  And the transition pieces in the hallway, the light bulbs above my desk, the cleaned out rain gutters, the mended living room shutters, the new ceiling fans in the boys' room and living room, the tax preparations you did this weekend, the back and shoulder massage to ease my one gnarly spot, the bowl of soup you heated up for me today, your presence at my ultrasound this afternoon, and perhaps best of all, thank you for reading books with the boys tonight.  I love that.  It melts me.  I am the luckiest, luckiest woman alive!  You are my fabulous knight in shining armor.  This weekend and today you have spoken my love language x 100!  I love you!

Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you!!!!


MWAH!

1 comment:

Amber and The Boys said...

Awww! I am going to have to say, sounds like you have a keeper!