our favorite quotes

"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire."— William Butler Yeats
refresh for more

Friday, August 31, 2007

New Beds

So, we got a new twin bed for Buddha on Freecycle, which meant that we could build the toddler bed back into a crib for Bugga and start using our pack 'n' play just for traveling again. And that's just what we did. Well, the next morning after creating our new sleeping arrangements, this is what I walked in to find. Buddha had climbed into the crib with Bugga via the bumper (which has since been removed). He said, "I just flipped in, Mommy." They were having a ball in there together. I almost didn't want to remove the bumper, but I knew it would be a safety hazard to allow Buddha to jump in there any time he wants. He can get a bit over-affectionate with Bugga at times and likes to lie on top of him. :) I've also had to hang the blind pull/string up on the valence rod in order to keep it away from Bugga's curious fingers (and mouth as you can see in one picture). It's nice to have the twin bed for Buddha since we can lie on it with him now and read books - something I fondly remember doing with my dad many times when I was little. I love these boys and hope they grow up to be great friends!



No comments: