our favorite quotes

"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire."— William Butler Yeats
refresh for more

Monday, November 9, 2009

Bates Nut Farm

{10/23/09}

This is THE place to go for Fall fun in SD.  They have a hay bale maze, a tractor ride, pony rides, pumpkin picking, petting zoo, curios market.  It's just great.  Unfortunately, we went there on an unusually HOT Fall day.  I thought I might just die from heat exhaustion.  I'm such a wuss.  But the boys seemed to have a great time and that's all that matters.  The Chief couldn't make it to this excursion as it was during the week, but we went with two of my favorite families and I had plenty of help with my boys (thanks friends!).

Photobucket
{The real wheelbarrow races.}


Photobucket
{Kim and baby Aaron}


Photobucket

{Waiting for their turn on the pony ride.}

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

{Buddha staked an early claim on a seasoned-looking pony named Cowboy.}

Photobucket

Photobucket

{Bugs was reaching for the stars when he singled out Star for his lift.}

Photobucket
{Are you sure about this, Mom?}


Photobucket

{Oh yeah, I'm cool.}

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
{Corban and Jared}


Photobucket
{Ben and Aaron}


Photobucket
{Jared and Corban again (I LOVE this kid.  He gives the greatest grins and has so much energy it's infectious.).}


Photobucket
{Hay bale maze.  They had to find all eight stamping stations and stamp their cards.  We were seriously lagging behind the rest of the pack in the heat.  Bagels and heat . . . we don't mix well together.}


Photobucket
{Kim photographing her baby boy, Aaron.}


Photobucket
{Farmer Buddha.}


Photobucket
{Farmer Buddha pulling all the little boy pumpkins.}


Photobucket
{From left to right: Isaac, Bugga, Roman, Aaron, Corban}


Photobucket
{I took a chance and dubiously handed over the camera to Buddha to take a picture of all the adults.  He did pretty good, eh?!  From left to right: Ben, Kim, me, Amanda, Jared.}


Photobucket
{Me and my wild and crazy Bagel boys.}


Photobucket
{Tractor ride.}


Photobucket

{Here's Bugga just lovin' himself some pumpkin.}

Photobucket

Photobucket
{I told Buddha to lift up his pumpkin for a picture and he insisted he couldn't; that it was too heavy.  I convinced him to try and I'd take the picture quick.  This is what I got . . . and I love it!  :D}


Photobucket
{Bugga was a little less cooperative.  I think he was probably envisioning bruised toes.}


Photobucket

{Just look at the glossy, bright red cheeks!  It was so stinkin' hot.}

Photobucket

Photobucket
{This is what you get when you try to take a picture of six little boys together.  It's not perfect, but it's perfectly representative of their attention spans. :D}


Photobucket

{Jared built a pumpkin fortress with a space in the center for little bodies to be confined for pictures.  It was perfect!  Thanks Jared!!}

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: