our favorite quotes

"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire."— William Butler Yeats
refresh for more

Saturday, April 30, 2011

General Conference in Utah

We arrived in Utah midweek before General Conference weekend. It actually tends to be the initial reason why we all congregate in Utah around April and October every year. Daniel comes home for Conference and the rest of us flock to him like birds to bread.

My poor parents.

I don't think they've had a decent viewing of General Conference (sans wild animals in the house) for years. They are so patient. And Granny even gets into it with preparations to keep the kids busy. This time she had them coloring ties, playing General Conference bingo, and hanging up pictures related to the speakers and topics being discussed. They LOVE Granny's "busy work." They get right into it and make it their own, waxing artistic all over the place. And she's so wonderful to give them free reign with the supplies, even if their ideas don't jive with her plans for them. She's great at relinquishing expectations - something I hope I'll be able to master sooner than later, too. (Maybe it runs in the genes? I'm crossing my fingers.)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Brooklet said...

Wow, talk about awesome General Congerence activities for the kids. I don't know what they all were, but they look incredibly fun. My kids just colored and got bored of that after the first session- I'll have to pick your brain next conference.

The castle caddys I made have already sold, but I can make you special if you'd like. Just let me know.

Sara said...

I like the tint you did on these pics! Old school. :)