our favorite quotes

"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire."— William Butler Yeats
refresh for more

Sunday, February 5, 2012

100% Spelt Biscuits


I've tried making these a few different ways, but I think I finally hit on the RIGHT way last night. They were SO delicious, fluffy, crumbly, and creamy. Just so. dang. good!

My recipe is adapted from this recipe, and doesn't turn out anything like the picture there because I grind my own spelt flour, which must be infinitely different than "light spelt flour."  But trust me, they're good.

2 1/2 cups of spelt flour
1 heaping Tbsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup olive oil
1 Tbsp honey
1 cup coconut milk

1. Mix dry ingredients; cut in olive oil
2. Add honey and milk; stir well
3. Spray a (12 cup) muffin pan with coconut oil; scoop "dough" (it's not really very dry, but it should be kind of fluffy) into muffin cups with large cookie scoop or just a spoon.
4. Bake in preheated 350* oven for 15-20 minutes (I do 15) or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the largest comes out clean.
5. Remove muffins immediately so bottoms don't become soggy.  To do this, turn muffin pan over above a cookie rack so muffins will tumble out; cool on rack or eat warm.  Either way, they're delicious!

post signature

No comments: