our favorite quotes

"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire."— William Butler Yeats
refresh for more

Thursday, February 9, 2012

New Patio Box

I know I've been posting a lot of recipes and food-related thoughts lately.  It's mostly because with this massive change in diet, food and meals are pretty much all I think about.  I am consumed by food . . . in a good way.  I spend most of each day in the kitchen, whipping up good, body-nurturing things for my family to eat, then cleaning up the mess only to start all over again for the next meal.  And so it goes, day in and day out.  Some may think it sounds tedious.  Even I think it sounds tedious.  But the random thing is that it isn't!  I love it.  It's actually very fulfilling, almost like I've finally accepted my stewardship and am reveling in it.  It has released the anxiety that built up over my knowledge that I was wholly to blame for my children's terrible eating habits.

Anyway, that's not what this post was going to be about.  Here I am trying to post something completely unrelated to food and what do I do? Go rambling off about food, of course.  :)

We got a new patio storage box.  It's huge and was wonderfully priced at Home Depot.  The only problem is, every time I've sent the boys outside to put all their outdoor toys into it, I arrive on the scene to find this:












Lazy little buggers, aren't they?  Cute, though.  I think I'll keep them anyway.  We're all flawed.  :)

post signature

5 comments:

lindsey. said...

I was just trying to recover from my shock at how grown up Anders looks when I saw those pics of Karsten and had a near heart attack all over again.

Laurie said...

I have one of those patio boxes also, mine is wicker and I love it so much I only let it stay outside for about a day before I brought it in the house and keep it at the foot of my bed to store all our fort-building blankets it. It is also a favorite hiding spot. It is a pirate ship, car, fort, spy headquarters and hide and seek spot all in one.

Anonymous said...

Could the kids get shut in there or one of them and suffocate? Looks scary. Great pictures! Too cute. Mom

Liz said...

No, Mom. The box opens easily from the inside. And there's no latch or anything - it just pops up and down. :)

Daniel said...

Love the pics, Lizzie! I actually like their hair. Cute little guys.