I've had lots of inquiries about how to make big blog pictures. It's really not hard at all, it just took me a while to find clear instructions. So, I'll attempt to outline these steps just as simply. If you have any questions (or if I fail at simplicity), email me or leave a comment and I'll try to help you out.
1. Open a Photobucket account. These are awesome! They are free and simple to sign up for and the upload time, though it depends also on your Internet connection speed, is generally really fast.
2. Upload your pictures using the 800x600 (15" screen) option or the 1024x768 (17" screen) option.
3. Once uploaded, copy the "direct link" code (it starts with "http://i".....) for one picture (found beneath the thumbnail) and go back to the "new post" page of your blog.
4. Click on the "edit html" tab and paste the code straight into your text box.
5. Repeat for each picture.
6. Preview your post to determine if the pictures are the right size or the size you want. If you want to adjust the size, go to the html tab in your post, find the picture code (starts with "a onblur=") look for width=400px and change it to either 500px or 600px depending on the size you want.
It really is super simple, so don't be intimidated by all the mumbo jumbo. Just follow it through once step by step and you won't need to read these ever again. It's that easy. And the large pictures are a fantastic way to display the gorgeous pics of your kids and family! Good luck!