our favorite quotes

"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire."— William Butler Yeats
refresh for more

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Whew!

Hip hip hooray! I finally, Finally, FINALLY caught up with recording all our summer activities. I've been thinking we were a pretty boring family, but looking back at the activities of the last three months, my mind has been changed. Who knew I just needed to whip out the pictures to feel better about myself? See! Photography is therapeutic!

What a relief. I cannot even tell you how that was weighing me down. I hate being behind. Hate it. Now I'd better back up my blog before something awful happens and wipes out all the latest and greatest. (Knock on wood). I've had so many topics running through my mind that I'd like to blog about, but I couldn't justify sitting down to write out my musings when I was so far behind on our family journal. Now I'll probably just forget everything and have nothing to write about. (Yes, you may call me Puddleglum).

Anywho, here's to me! Here's to being current. Here's to a clean slate. And please pray for my memory so that it won't be three more months before the next post. :P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whew! is right. It took me (Sombrero) a while to look at the whole summer's worth of photos -- but it was worth it! Thoroughly good memories. Thanks for all the effort, Boss.

By the way, your first quote on the top left (which is one of my all-time favorite quotes) needs to be attributed to "Unknown" instead of "Unkown". Ha! Sorry, it's just the editor in me coming out.

We had so much fun with Faces and Chub (and Auntie and Ratchet). We've just spent several days and evenings doing a big-time clean up, and now we're looking forward to enjoying Buddha and Bugga (as well as the Boss -- and the Chief?)

Thanks for the Thursday morning entertainment here in the JSB office. Nothing better, as you say.

Liz said...

Thanks, Dad. I might be just as stickler as you about typos. I hate them. Annnnd, I love that quote.

I'm so jealous you got to spend so much time with Auntie and Ratchet, et al. Wish we could have all gotten together at the same time. But, I'm excited to try to make September happen.

Say hello to the JSB for me. :0)