our favorite quotes

"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire."— William Butler Yeats
refresh for more

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Addicted to Blogging

So, I'm addicted to blogging. I think it's the greatest thing ever! I think I love it because I love to be organized and that's what this is...a chance for me to organize my life online. I can have pictures and writing in one journal location. It's easy and fun. Anyway, enough about that, let's talk about the family. Today was our last time teaching gospel doctrine at church. We taught about Christ giving the keys of the kingdom to Peter on the Mount of Transfiguration. It was a good lesson. Next Sunday is our last Sunday in the ward and then we are going to switch to the family ward since The Chief is graduating. I'm excited to make that transition. Many of our friends (with two kids also) have already moved out or moved to their family wards (or will be doing so soon). I think Buddha will like it much better, too, since he's been pretty much the only kid in nursery for a while (sometimes there's one or two others...but only occasionally). I'll be happy to be able to grow accustomed to a family ward while we are here in familiar surroundings over the summer. It'd be hard to move to another state, home, neighborhood, life, and add a new type of ward family on top of that unnecessarily. The Chief thinks it'd be fun to be called to the nursery. I quite agree. We both like teaching children.

Speaking of children. Kristen (my visiting teaching companion) told me at church today that she thinks our two boys are so cute! (It's always nice to hear that as a mom, and I quite agree.) Bugga was grinning and beaming at everyone today. He does this really funny thing right now where he grins and sucks in at the same time, making this little noise while he smiles. He has the biggest, cutest smile. It lights up his entire face. That's it, really, he smiles with his whole face! You can't help but smile back at him. He's such a mover, too. He's so squirmy that I get a workout trying to keep ahold of him during church. I brought a blanket today that I put on the floor in Relief Society so he could roll around, but he didn't last long on it. He was too tired. Having church at 2:30pm is hard with kids who usually take naps at that time! But, we somehow survive each week. Buddha loves nursery. He talks about going to nursery all through sacrament meeting which is our first meeting. Today during sacrament meeting he was looking at a little gospel ABC book that I made for him. He was looking at F for Family. There was a picture of a family in front of a Temple. He started yelling, "A Temple! A Temple, Mommy! That's a Temple!" Later he was looking at P for Prophet and there was a picture of President Hinckley. He usually has no trouble identifying President Hinckley, but when I asked him who it was this time he said, "Oh, Jesus!" :) At least he didn't say "Bishop" this time. :) He has been known to get Bishop, President Hinckley, and President Bush mixed up on occasion. I can't blame him, they do all look pretty similar. :) Today I asked Buddha if he wanted "brown oatmeal" (instant oatmeal in a little packet) to eat and he said, "probly (that's how he pronounces it) not." Then I asked him if he wanted yogurt to eat and he said, "Oh! Just, probly not," all very enunciated. It was so cute. He often sends me into fits of laughter with random things he says. I think as his language skills continue to develop, I'm going to have a hard time keeping up with his funny sayings! I already am having trouble. Ah mi, life is so fun! Kids are so fun!

2 comments:

Liz said...

On April 16, 2007 6:30 AM, Brojonel said:

I am glad that you are addicted to blogging! I am too, because it is such a fun way to stay in touch with those who live far away and to see into their daily lives in a way that a monthly email never can.

Your kids are at such cute ages. I still laugh so hard at what Claire says. It catches me off guard all the time. And sweet Bugga- such a fun age. He sounds so cute, I can't wait to meet him.

Liz said...

April 16, 2007 10:42 AM, ScottnLisa said:

I think bloggings the greatest too...mostly because I don't have the patience for scrapbooking...I think scrapbooks are great but sitting down and cutting out little flowers and stuff isn't so much my thing, and when I try I never finish...anyway the blog is a great way to keep your life documented so I agree. I love imaganing Buddha saying "probly" for both yes and no answeres...I can't wait untill crystal's mouth opens up a little more and I can hear her do that...being the oldest in my family I loved that stage when my little brother would talk that way.