our favorite quotes

"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire."— William Butler Yeats
refresh for more

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Potty Training

Yesterday I had to go to Wal-Mart to get the boys more diapers. When Buddha found out where we were going, and that I was going to get diapers, he said, "No! Ima get potty trained." How's that for knowing when your kid is ready?! :) However, whenever I do put him on the little toilet that we got for him, he'll sit there forever just reading his books and nothing happens. The last time we did it, he spent 45 minutes on the toilet and then ended up pooping in his diaper 10 minutes after he got off the toilet. Hardy har.

3 comments:

Brooklet said...

ughk! I am hate potty training. I hear from a lot of people though, that when a child is ready, they just do it- not sweat and tears. So far that isn't the case in our family. . .

Liz said...

On April 19, 2007 10:24 PM, ScottnLisa said:

This one made me laugh out loud, and when Scott wanted to know what was so funny I read it to him and he laughed too. I'm not looking forward to potty training, just the part where they're potty trained! My friend Natalies little boy thinks of his little potty as a toy and not for using. He even falls asleep with it in his bed, and the thought of desecrating it with his poo poo makes him upset...so at least Buddha tries right? haha

Liz said...

On April 20, 2007 9:32 AM, Jolene said:

I have say that I hated potty training too. Heidi knew when she was going just didn't want to stop playing. But she is potty trained now, and I guess it is worth all the stress of the training. It sounds like Buddha is on the right track though. That is that he is interested. Good luck.