our favorite quotes

"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire."— William Butler Yeats
refresh for more

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Two Peas in a Pod...



So, last week we moved Bugga into Buddha's room for a trial run. What was a trial run, is now permanent! Woo hoo! It never ceases to amaze me that though I might think I know my children, they can still surprise me sometimes. :) Bugga could cry all night and Buddha won't wake up! And here I thought he was a light sleeper. Phah! Boy was I wrong. Bugga also fell asleep for nap time while Buddha was in his crib having "quiet time," which wasn't all that quiet with his Little Touch Leap Pad in there with him. YaY! Good sleepers means good sleep for Mommy!

We gave Bugga his first solid food on Wednesday last week. He had peas. :) Those were Buddha's favorite and we figured you can't go wrong starting a kid on vegetables. I was hoping that getting more calories would help him sleep more solidly during the night. I don't think he was ready yet, though, and we haven't given him solid food again since. I think we'll wait another month and try again. He is only 5 months, so it was a bit early anyway.

We said goodbye to Uncle D on Monday night. He's on his way back to Iraq now. He left this morning, but he has three days of traveling before he'll arrive in Baghdad again. We had a great time with him. He's awesome with the kids and always fun to talk to and laugh with. Buddha will really miss his "Unca D."

The pictures in the slide show include Buddha being a ham; Bugga playing with the Little People house; Bugga getting his first solid foods; Daddy and Bugga playing on the carpet; Daddy and Buddha at the park; Buddha in the swing; Buddha in the bed; and Buddha with his little buddy, Jonathan, at the park.

1 comment:

Liz said...

On April 18, 2007 1:36 PM, Brojonel said:

Love the pictures- especially the one of Bugga with the huge smile with creamed peas all around it! Love it!

Good news about the sharing of the rooms. We only have one other bedroom here, so Claire is going to have to share it with our new baby- I was just worried how that was going to work out!