our favorite quotes

"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire."— William Butler Yeats
refresh for more

Friday, April 27, 2007

Miniature Golfing

Yesterday was The Chief's and my four-year wedding anniversary. We celebrated by going miniature golfing with Grandma and Grandpa Bagel and the boys. We had so much fun! Bugga spent most of the time sleeping in the stroller while the rest of us putted around the course. Buddha did really well with his little putter. Mostly he would swing his club with one hand, but every now and then he'd assume the proper (well, close enough anyway) golf stance and putt like a pro! He was hilarious. He would start each hole where you're supposed to start, but after one attempt, he would pick up his ball and deposit it right close to the hole, then he would grasp his club and hit the ball into the hole. Each time after he got the ball into the hole, he would swing around in a circle, waving his club and saying, "yaaaay!" It was really cute. We didn't keep score at all. Buddha made sure that everybody's ball went into each hole. I may have putted my ball into the cup/hole once or twice during the whole 18-hole course! Buddha sealed the deal each time for all of us. :) We had a great time. It was fast with no pressure and no expectations, so it never got stressful! What a great activity for our anniversary.

2 comments:

Brooklet said...

Claire does the exact same thing. I think little kids know instinctively how to really play golf- no angst or swearing when you play it their way.

Lisa/Scott said...

That's my kind of miniture golf! Every time I go miniture golfing I start getting mad when I can't make a shot and turn into Happy Gilmore...not keeping score and just enjoying my kids happiness sounds ideal to me...I would go more often if that were the case.