our favorite quotes

"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire."— William Butler Yeats
refresh for more

Monday, April 30, 2007

Something to Chuckle About

We went to run errands today and one of our stops took us to the Good Earth. Buddha likes to help out at the Good Earth because they have miniature shopping carts for kids to push around (a great idea, by the way!). We were there to collect my regimen of pills and creams I'm going to use to attempt to cure my eczema on my hands. As we walked around the store, Buddha followed along while I dropped bottle after bottle of pills into his little shopping cart. He took his duties very seriously and anytime I would stop to search for another item, he would turn the cart into the shelves to "park" and wait for me. The Chief followed after us, pushing Bugga in the stroller. We were both fairly invested in trying to find the right pills, with the right ingredient combinations and the right dosages, but we would spare a second here and there to make sure Buddha was still with us. Just before we proceeded to checkout, I started pulling out bottles and creams one after another just to make sure I had everything I needed. Toward the beginning of my inventory, I found a bottle of pills that I most definitely did not add to Buddha's little shopping cart. I thought maybe The Chief was playing a joke, but when he denied his involvement, we both realized that Buddha must have taken it upon himself to do a little shopping to help out Mom. And what was this mystery bottle of pills, you ask? None other than...Colostrum. What? Colostrum, you say? Yes, the "pre-milk fluid produced from the mother's mammary glands during the first few days after birth." I had no idea that they bottled that stuff in pill form. Ha ha ha, what could Buddha have been trying to tell me? Probably nothing other than, "this is the stuff they put on the shelves at my level, Mom." :) Well, the whole episode made me chuckle.

3 comments:

Brooklet said...

Yuck! Who takes colostrum in pill form? yuck.

Lisa/Scott said...

That's great...now you have a story to embarass him with when he's older hahaha!

Liz said...

On May 1, 2007 1:12PM, Sara said:

hahaha! Buddha is so cute, and I love how you phrased that whole blog Elizabeth. You should be a professional blog writer...and report on the presidential race or something. :)