our favorite quotes

"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire."— William Butler Yeats
refresh for more

Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Whose Shorts are These?

So, The Chief and I have been making a strong effort to get into shape, and we've seen some really great results! The Chief is down to about 190 lbs. from 220 lbs. and I'm down to 129 lbs. from 148 lbs! Yesterday, The Chief decided he was going to go golfing in the morning and the temperature has really been rising rapidly here, so he opted to wear shorts. When he came out of the bedroom, he was grinning at me with this really goofy grin. I asked him what was up, but he remained silent. So, I set about studying him, only to realize with a jolt that he was comfortably wearing my shorts!!! I had purchased a pair of men's shorts for the summer after Buddha was born because women's shorts are rarely modest. The Chief actually bought the same style (just larger) when I bought mine. Since we've both lost so much weight, however, he now fits into my shorts. I promptly made The Chief strip down and when I tried them on, there was enough extra room for another whole person to fit in there with me! Woooo hoooo! I am so proud of us!

11 comments:

Kari said...

Wow! Way to go, I need to do what you are doing, I would kill to be even 148, but thats a long way to go for me. help me? please?

Brooklet said...

That is great!!! Both of you. I agree- I would like to see a swimsuit picture of you, Liz!!

Lisa/Scott said...

You guys deserve props...that's great. For the record neither of you ever looked fat in the first place, so way to stay on top of things guys...when you guys walked in the room at the reception the other night kathleen pointed out to me that she thought the two of you were looking thinner, and I was like "they do?" (sorry, I'm really bad at noticing things, I'm a fool") Anyway there's more proof right there for ya, so kudos to you! (:

Liz said...

Thanks guys! However, there will be no swimsuit picture! :) And for those who want to know what we're doing...portion control, regular exercise, and I cut out sugar and white flour. That's it! :)

Liz said...

Oh come on, Lisa! You just had a baby! :) Give yourself a break. I thought you looked awesome while you were pregnant and you look great now, too!

Sara said...

Oh, you people...you make me sick. :) I'm still at lardo size. It's so fun to feel the pregnancy jelly belly, and wish for the chance to not just take a 5-minute shower in the morning, but also get out of the house and walk! That is heaven.

Liz said...

May 1, 2007 2:55 PM, The Chief said:

And I am proud of you. You look great. Why don't you post a picture of yourself to show the world how great you look.

Liz said...

May 1, 2007 2:57 PM, The Chief said:

Oh yeah. For the record, I am at 188 pounds. Not that I am keeping track or anything.

Liz said...

May 1, 2007 4:33 PM, The Chief said:

One more thing. Just in case there was any suspicion about whether or not I wear women's clothing, we were at the store buying shirts for me when I stumbled upon a pair of cargo shorts. After I elected to buy my pair of shorts (men's shorts), Liz said that she liked them and so we found a smaller pair of men's shorts for her. Not that I am worried about my manhood, but the post sounded like I bought a pair of these shorts after Liz. In fact, I wouldn't even wear my shorts when she was wearing hers. Again, this in no way means that I am worried about my manhood.

Liz said...

May 2, 2007 10:09 AM, The Chief said:

Thanks for all the comments. If anyone wants to know what I am doing, here goes. I switched to diet soda. I no longer eat after 8pm. I watch the size of my portions. I try to exercise regularly. I still eat sugar and white flour (I am not as strong as Liz). A little SAS never hurts either :)

Liz said...

May 4, 2007 3:32 PM, Lisa F said:

Liz & Chief that is awesome! It makes Kev and I realize we should do something too. Liz that is awesome you are at 129. It is a lot better than me right now.