our favorite quotes

"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire."— William Butler Yeats
refresh for more

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Dr. Visits and First Steps

Well, on Friday last week I took the boys to the doctor to have check-ups. Buddha is now 34lbs. He is at the 75th-80th percentile for height and weight. He's big, but he's proportionate, so there's nothing to worry about there. I really think we just have densely-boned children. Buddha also had a Hep-A immunization which he wasn't too happy about, but got over quickly. Bugga is now 22lbs, and he's also in the 75th-80th percentile for height and weight. They also checked his head size and I'm proud to say that he's in the 95th percentile for noggin circumference. What can I say, we have big-headed children. :) They take after their dad, although my mom is always telling me how big her head is. :) Bugga also got pricked, but not for a shot. He had a little toe-prick hemoglobin test which came back normal. Yay! We have healthy kids!

So, on to the more exciting news...Bugga took his first steps alone on Monday! He was walking back and forth between The Chief and me. He still leans into it a little too much, so he doesn't get very many steps in before he starts toppling, but he's definitely walking. At this time in Buddha's life, he was already a walking machine. I remember at Halloween just before Buddha turned one, he was wandering through the mall in his cute little aviator outfit, just this teeny little man making his way through the crowds. I'm starting to think that Bugga might also be walking by Halloween, though he's much more cautious than Buddha ever was. And, Bugga will be wearing the same little aviator costume that Buddha wore for his first Halloween. :) Ahhh...gotta love hand-me-downs. Well, I'll try to get the latest development in Bugga's life on video. I picked up a digital camera/video recorder with audio capabilities from another Freecycler today. I just have to figure out how it works and then maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to put video with sound on our blog! Won't that be nice. :)

5 comments:

Lisa/Scott said...

Congratulations to Anders and his first steps!! Crystal was cautious when it came to walking too. So much of what you say about his personality reminds me of crystal...except the percentiles. I don't think getting shots ever gets easier for little kids. I get sad every time I take Crystal.

Brooklet said...

Yeah for a clean bill of health!

I can'y wait to see the aviator suit! That just sounds too cute!

Travis and Ashley said...

You two and your kids that walk freakishly early! What are you feeding them? Haha, jk! Give both the boys a big hug from us and a high five for being healthy!

Scott and Karin said...

Wow! He's walking! Park is getting there, maybe a few more weeks. He can stand by himself, but if we try to have him walk between us he just starts flopping around, thinking it's a great game for us to catch him. Annicka was walking by this time too, but Park just seems content to crawl.

Jacqui said...

I can't believe Anders is walking already! I feel like it wasn't that long ago Katelyn mastered the crawl. I'm sure Soren will love having someone to chase after him!