our favorite quotes

"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire."— William Butler Yeats
refresh for more

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I'm Good at Sharing...

...so I thought I'd share with you my two favorite finds of late. They have been lifesavers. The first, I just happened upon sometime in the last three and a half years as I used this soap for my babies. I think my face wash must have run out and I grabbed the baby soap out of curiosity. Well, I've used it ever since and I haven't found any hoity toity labeled face wash that does a better job of quelling my acne. Sorry all you perfect skin people, nothing here for you today. Introducing, the all-powerful, almighty, wonder of wonders, skin softening, acne fighting, grease eliminating...

Johnson's Head-to-Toe Baby Wash

Anti-climactic, I know.

The second find I happened upon just months ago at Spa Tiki when The Chief and I had our couple's massage for our anniversary. They used a coconut oil mixture on me that left my poor, dry, cracked, eczema-riddled hands feeling smooth and silky for the first time in five years! I bought some at the spa and I use it every night. I still have occasional flare-ups, but the oil has been amazing in helping to soften my super dry skin and control the insane itching compulsion that accompanies eczema. The other huge plus is that, for an oil, it absorbs into the skin quite quickly so that you're not trailing greasy finger mess in your wake. The company is called Pure Fiji and they actually ship their products out of Pleasant Grove, UT, oddly enough. Here is a picture of the coconut oil I use, called...

Pure Fiji Exotic Bath and Body Massage Oil


The first blessed solution you can find at any local grocery store. It's the most common thing and quite inexpensive as far as face washes go. The second is available at the following link (Pure Fiji) or anywhere else online that you might be able to find it cheaper. It's not exactly cheap, but it's not over-the-top pricey either since a little bit goes a long way and it lasts a long time. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Jacqui said...

I guess it makes sense, but I'm intrigued by the Johnson's baby wash for adult use. I think I just might have to try that! I should be buying a ton of it again anytime soon now!!!

Amanda said...

Just so you know, I visit your blog often for inspiration. Love your pictures, and the stories are told just like a book. LOVE IT. But I am commenting because I too have tried baby wash on my face- not sure why I tried it, but it was probably the same reason you did. I haven't necessarily continued to use it, but the day I did I thought to myself, "Now this is a great, inexpensive, quite handy (now that I have a baby) form of face wash!"