our favorite quotes

"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire."— William Butler Yeats
refresh for more

Monday, November 19, 2007

In Honor of Bugga

Here we go again. Only this time, I'm answering for Bugga to the best of my knowledge. Hope you have as much fun reading these as I do putting them together.

1. What is your favorite color? Probably blue. I mean, that's all my mom dresses me in anyway.
2. What is your favorite food? Grapes, definitely grapes. My mom tries to sneak them out of the fridge without me noticing, but it doesn't work. I have grape radar.
3. What are your favorite clothes? My birthday suit and my mom's shoes (I don't wear them, I eat them...the shoes, that is).
4. What is your favorite thing to wear on your feet? Absolutely nothing.
5. What is your favorite real car? I don't think I have one. Let's just say I like to be in whatever car my mom is in.
6. What is your favorite book? Paperback. It's my second favorite food, too!
7. What are your favorite movies? Movies? What are those? I can't stop to watch two seconds of a movie. I'm too busy.
8. What is your favorite cartoon? If there's anything that can capture and keep my attention, it would have to be Curious George.
9. What is your favorite toy? Whatever Buddha has in his hands or feels strongly about protecting, that's what I generally go for. For the longest time I actually thought my real name was "You Little Rascal!" because that's all I heard from my mom.
10. What are your favorite things to do? Eat, nurse, spread blowouts all over my crib for my mom to clean up in the morning, pester my brother, explore the garbage can or the toilet scrubber, cuddle with my daddy, make people laugh and smile, and walk and walk and walk and walk....
11. What is your favorite song to sing? I don't sing yet, but I love it when my mom sings "I am a Child of God." I quiet right down when I hear that one.
12. What is your favorite letter? P - It's what I do all day. Hardy har! Look, I inherited my Grandpa Sombrero's dry humor. You like that Grandpa?! :)
13. What makes you SO happy? Being tickled and played with.

Okay, now it's Mommy talking. Here are some of Bugga's quirks, personality traits, and funnies:
- Bugga freaks out sometimes when he hears a car going by outside or a neighbor using a power tool. He'll start breathing really fast and get this extremely concerned look on his face as he's booking it to Mommy or Daddy's safe lap.
- Bugga loves to imitate people. All you have to do is make a sound, then point to him and say, "You do it." His current favorite (and mine, I must add) is that he'll say, "Boo! ... Ahhh!" It's so awesome. He'll also make monkey and elephant sounds. So cute!
- Bugga loves touch. He loves to hug and cuddle. He loves to rub my bare arm. He loves to flop down on the floor on his belly, spread his arms and legs out, and "feel" the floor with his mouth. I guess I should thank him for helping me clean.
- Bugga has such an inquisitive nature. He's always pointing at things and saying, "Dat? Oohhh."
- Bugga loves to take baths. And by "loves," I mean he'd probably live in the water if he could.
- Bugga is such a happy little man...and so expressive! My favorite expression of his is when he scrunches up his face and breathes really fast through his nose with his mouth wide open to show off his cute little teeth. It's such a cheesy little face that you can't help but smile and scrunch up your face to do it right back at him.
- Bugga is also a very sensitive little man. He cries at the drop of a hat. Sometimes I feel guilty because I think his crying/upset face is just as cute as his other "faces," so I often laugh at him and try to take pictures while he's expressing his frustration with me.

- Bugga is a smarty pants. He's very good at carrying out verbal commands like, "Roll your arms. Clap your hands. Pat your head." He can also find my nose and my mouth. And he'll point out a light anywhere if you just ask him, "Where's a light?"
- Bugga loves to roam free, but each day he'll make regular trips to home base (that being me) to cuddle with me, hug me, eat my face, swat my glasses, hug some more, pinch my arms, have squealing contests with me, love me and then squirm out of my arms for another adventure away from "home." I love our little time outs.
- Bugga loves to pull all the books off the bookshelf. Every day, all day long, I'm always without fail, picking up books off the floor to put back in the bookshelves. It's a tedious habit to pick up after, but fun to watch him do...until he goes after the big books and lands them on his feet for a nice little owie that has him howling for a while.
- Bugga is such a joy! He's exuberant, opinionated, vibrant, happy, smiley, goofy, cuddly, and sensitive. He's also very mischievous. He loves to dart in to mess up his brother's parked cars and then beat a hasty retreat when he sees Buddha racing to the rescue of his beloved automobiles. He stands by watching the recovery with an innocent little expression on his face that always makes me laugh. I think he must have a bit of a comedian in him, too, because he loves to make people laugh. I am his number one fan, I must admit.
- Here is a funny Bugga moment:

1 - A couple weeks ago I was cleaning the vacuum filters in the bath tub. Bugga, of course, came racing to my side as soon as he heard the bath water turn on. He kept reaching over the side for the tiny bit of water in the bottom of the tub and suddenly just plopped right in, jammies and all. I hastily removed him and he started crying. I'm not sure if he was crying because I wouldn't let him stay in the water with the dirt, dust, ash, and dead spiders being cleaned out of the filters, or if he was crying from the shock of falling in the bathtub unexpectedly.

Here's our comedian in action. I love this picture!

5 comments:

Sara said...

Man, I love these posts you did about Soren and Anders...you really know your children inside and out, and it's so funny to read about them. Clever writer, Elizabeth! I'm just really impressed how much you know...must be because you stay home with them and don't work outside the home. Way to be! I want to be like that...haha.

Lisa/Scott said...

What a lovable little boy! No wonder you're his number one fan. I laugh when you describe him because everything you say about him reminds me so much of my little crystal. They must have been good friends in Heaven. (:

Melissa said...

That is so cute- I love your little posts about the boys. And Happy Birthday to Anders!! What a great guy! He sure has a great mom! Glad his birthday was great!

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Anders! I love his facial expressions. I enjoy reading what you wrote about both your boys. You are such a good Mom! You know your boys so well. They will love having these to read. I know I love reading letters my Mom wrote to me when I was a baby. Keep up the good work!

Marcia said...

Dad wrote:

Yes, Elizabeth, I do like #12. By what do you mean, "dry humor"? Mine's all wet.