our favorite quotes

"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire."— William Butler Yeats
refresh for more

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Homeschool Day 6: Old Glory

Today, we learned this:

The Bagel Factory

And that's about it.

Because the Pipster just . . . wouldn't . . . sleep. At all. Not a wink. Okay, maybe one or two winks, but that's it. Twenty minutes here, twenty minutes there and tonight we've got one exasperated, frazzled mama. All I can say is he'd better sleep the entire night through, or else . . . .

Also, today my boys didn't want to have anything to do with coloring. I gave them each an American flag to color in and Buddha only made it through half of one red stripe while Bugga decided our flag should be orange and sea foam green rather than red, white, and blue. He lasted through one or two quick scribbles before he was tearing around the house again.

So, tomorrow we recommit to getting through our basics and tonight I am reminded, once again, that my little guys are little guys, that it'll all turn out just fine, and that the most important thing I can teach these guys is to love learning (and that won't happen if I spend my day hounding and nagging over a few red and white stripes).  Yeah baby!  I'm Liz and I've taken a chill pill.  :D

1 comment:

Courtney @ Ordinary Happily Ever After said...

I'm sorry. Jack isn't sleeping either. The booger.