our favorite quotes

"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire."— William Butler Yeats
refresh for more

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day Labors and Favors

Every summer I lament the fact that we do not have a BBQ grill. Here we live in San Diego, have this great backyard, and no grill. And then every summer holiday I hope that someone will invite us to their BBQ. Well this Labor Day, someone did, but then Buddha got sick and we knew we would have to cancel in order to spare the 11+ other kids that would be running around there. BIG BUMMER! I guess to me, having a BBQ is the quintessential summer holiday activity and I have felt so bereft without one (can't you feel my pain?!). So what did I do? Something completely irresponsible, of course!! I made The Chief consent to buying a BBQ yesterday. There we were, innocently wondering what to do to celebrate the holiday and I sprang this one on him! And he - because he loves me - relented. Oh wonderful man! So here he is, spending his holiday building a BBQ grill for his crazy wife. Funny thing, we spent so long trying to find the "right" grill, that after The Chief built the thing (which he did much more quickly than the instructions projected, I might add) we didn't have any time left to BBQ. It was about 10pm! :D Oh well, you can be sure we'll be firing up the BBQ many nights this week, even if it means just preparing side dishes on it! :D

Last Night:

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


Today:

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Lisa said...

We love having a barbeque! I just cooked pork chops on ours tonight. The BBQ makes everything taste better. We might be coming out your way next month. I would love to see you! I will email you more details.