our favorite quotes

"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire."— William Butler Yeats
refresh for more

Monday, December 10, 2007

Bagel, Esquire

On Friday, even though The Chief had already been sworn in previously by a notary, we were able to attend the ceremony where they swear in all the California Bar passers. The Chief went through the motions so I could take pictures. You can see that we had the good fortune of connecting with a few of The Chief's fellow BYU graduates and good buddies who also found work in San Diego. In the evening we went to the swearing in of The Chief's boss. She is now President of the San Diego County Bar Association. After that ceremony, we went to Hotel Sofia for a swanky little party in his boss's honor. It was a lot of fun because I finally got to see my good friend, Lindsay, wife of Greg, another attorney at The Chief's firm. We've been here since August and I hadn't seen her until Friday night (definitely my fault). Anyway, we talked the whole time we were there. It was a lot of fun to catch up with them and to make more friends from The Chief's firm. Too bad The Chief won't be around for the firm's Christmas party, that would be a riot. So, he's official now. He can sign his own work. That's what we've been working toward for four years now. It's been quite the journey. We are so proud of you, Papa!

The Chief, Scott Tanner, and Geoff Germane

A proud moment for our family.

Judges attending and presiding over the ceremony.

Photo courtesy of Megan Tanner.

The Chief and fellow attorney, Matt Wroblewski

8 comments:

Marcia said...

My word, Dan, I didn't know I had such a prestigious son-in-law. I thought you were just this awesome husband, father, and son. I should be more respectful of your brillance. That web profile could get you the presidency of the U.S.

Now my graduation gift seems kind of puny compared to your accomplishments. I should have bought you a bigger Mayan chess set.

Way to pick 'em Elizabeth.

Your humbled mother-in-law, Dan.

Daniel said...

Hey, I remember Geoff Germane. He's out there too?

Congrats Dan! Now when I commit a crime you can get me off the hook, right? :)

Lisa/Scott said...

That's so great! It's good that you have pictures to record that mile stone. You guys are definitely going places. It's nice to have hope that all the hard work will be worth it.

Lisa said...

Wow, I am impressed! Dan your profile is very impressive. Congrats. You both worked really hard to get to this point.

Megan said...

Nice! Thanks for the caption!! That was a fun day!

Barbara said...

Congratulations, you guys have worked hard to get this far.
Won't it be fun to see what "doors" open to you next in this crazy life??
Fondly, B.
ps.give me time on my blog..maybe I will figure out an Easter theme.. hehe thanks for your help:)

Melissa said...

Congratulations Dan! and you too Liz- a law school wife is just as hard as law school, right? Lyers- I mean lawyers rule! Just kidding. My brother and brother in law are lawyers, I have nothing against them. I just love all the jokes! Seriously congratulations- that is a lot of hard work!

Don and Amy Bennion said...

Congratulations Dan! I think it would be fun to go through the official swearing in after all the work.