our favorite quotes

"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire."— William Butler Yeats
refresh for more

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Buddha and Prop 8

Buddha never naps. Never. But, thanks to Prop 8 sign waving, he fell asleep on the rocking chair yesterday afternoon while I was typing e-mails to my fellow Prop 8 volunteers. I was so surprised that I just had to get some pictures. I guess waking the boys up at 6:30am every morning has its perks. However, I also know I'm going to pay for this after the elections are over and they are still waking up at 6:30 in the mornings. Oh well, it's worth it.



3 comments:

Alicia said...

Poor guy! I think it's great you are showing such conviction to Prop 8, not only is it important to follow what the prophet says, but it shows your boys how to work hard to take a stand about something you believe in. So a few early mornings won't kill them while they are learning such great life lessons.

Jacqui said...

I feel like I haven't checked your blog in forever! I love all the pictures. The boys are getting SO big! We sure miss you guys a ton. Any trips to UT planned?! :)

Melissa said...

Oh so sweet. I love when those unexpected naps happen. Children look like angels when they are sleeping.