our favorite quotes

"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire."— William Butler Yeats
refresh for more

Friday, July 6, 2007

Freshman Roommates

Brooke, Liz, Bugga, and Angie

Well, I had a treat today! I got to hang out with two of my college freshman roommates. Brooke was in town from Pennsylvania and Angie is living here in Utah now. Tara was going to meet with us, but her family got the flu. We missed you, Tara! I had a great time reminiscing with Brooke and Angie. We talked about boys we had crushes on, friends we haven't seen in a long time, and roommate drama. We remembered lots of great experiences and good times. I brought along pictures from our freshman year to fuel the fire. It was a riot. It's so cool to see how far we've all come since we met eight years ago! Brooke has a three-year-old little girl named Claire and is pregnant with her second little girl (due in a few weeks here). Her husband is in dental school in Pennsylvania. Angie has a cute little 14-month-old baby girl named Loren (not sure if I spelled that right - sorry, Angie). She and Nick live here in Utah, and while he is studying to become an accountant, Angie is working with one of the top accounting firms in the nation here in Salt Lake. Way to go, Angie! And, you all know all about me...blah, blah, blah. Anyway, I had a good time. I hope we can do it again soon. Next time in San Diego! We'll reminisce while soaking up the sun at La Jolla Shores. :) Thanks for a great day Brooke and Angie!

12 comments:

Lisa/Scott said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun. There's nothing like college life. All the things that seemed so important back then somehow don't matter so much at all, and all the things you couldn't quite picture happening (husband, kids, etc.) Has happened and you've moved on with life. It's funny how when you get together with college friends you remember ex crushes and boyfriends. I had a "retirement box" where when I broke up with a guy all the memoribilia went in it. I still have it in a closet somewhere. Ahhh, the single life. Here's to good times and great oldies!

abby said...

Oh, I remember Brooke! Does she remember me? Ask her if she knows Michelle and Kip they have been in dental school out in Pennsylvania too. Wouldn't it be a small world. Were you in the apartment when Michelle was there? I can't remember! It's always so fun to remember good times like our college years. I miss hanging out with all my old roommates!! We had so much fun!!

Brooklet said...

I had a good time catching up- it really was such a fun time in our lives. It was also a lot of fun to meet all of your kids and Angie's. When we get together it doesn't really seem likes its been seven years since we lived together! You both are great friends!

And I am so glad to be immortalized on your blog forever with a picture of me being eight months pregnant!

Brooklet said...

Oh, abby, of course I remember you. I haven't meet a Michelle and Kip, but they could be in a different ward. We are in Pittsburgh, and I know there are a couple of dental schools in Pennsylvania, also.

The Chief said...

Brooke, do you know my cousin Brad? He is a bishop in Pittsburgh/ professor at Pitt. If it makes it easier, we have the same last name:) They live in Canberry Township.

Brooklet said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lisa said...

Sounds like fun! I always love getting together with my college roomies. We always laugh and laugh at all the crazy things! It's always fun to see everyones kids too!

abby said...

Hey Brooke! Just thought I would ask about my friend. I think they are in Philadelphia. Not sure. So glad you remember me!! Congrats on baby number two, right?!

Liz said...

Abby, is that Michelle Labrum? As in, Michelle and Jason, Michelle?

Melissa said...

Hey Liz,
I'm glad you found my blog. I love blogs- yours is really cute! That is so fun that you got to get together with Angie and Brooke. Christina is getting married in 2 weeks so we were going to get Msmith149 together, but it's not going to work out. I think Shelley is going. Anyway, what fun that you guys still do stuff together!

Liz said...

Welcome, Melissa! I'm sorry you don't get to go to your roommate reunion. It's great fun to see people with whom you shared your first year of true independence! Lots of awesome memories. Hope you come back often for updates. :) Your blog is cute, too.

Anonymous said...

I had fun seeing you both and your darling kids! I love reminiscing about college life…back when we were single and carefree (or I guess different cares than now). Thanks for meeting up and being such good friends!