our favorite quotes

"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire."— William Butler Yeats
refresh for more

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

It Has Begun....

Well, really it began last week, but since it began, I haven't had much time to update our blog. This is what takes up pretty much every day, all day long right now. Since The Chief is studying for the bar more than full time, packing our entire house is my responsibility. Actually, I don't feel that stressed about it. I'm more stressed about finding a place to live in San Diego than I am about packing up our whole home. I've just been taking it one day at a time, slowly packing up things that we can live without for a few weeks. I just hope that we are able to find something that we can move into in the beginning of August, so that it really is only a couple of weeks that we have to go without certain items.

On the house-hunting front, things are pretty much frustrating. It would seem that San Diego is really cutthroat during the summer. We applied for one house already, but someone else beat us to it. We talked to the owners of another house, but it seems that another applicant has already expressed a desire to sign a 3-year lease! We didn't like the house enough to sign a 3-year lease. And, tonight, I've just found another house that, for us, is worth a 3-year lease. It's in our desired area and it's big enough that we would have some room to grow and expand our little family without having to move. We have an acquaintance in San Diego who is willing to view the inside of the home for us, but that's only if they'll schedule a viewing when she's available. Pray for us. We don't know why we weren't chosen for the other house we liked, though we assume it's because we have kids. The Chief and I both have excellent credit, and he will have a stable income when starts his job as an attorney with his law firm in downtown San Diego. We're responsible, clean, and dependable. It's just hard to get that across on a two-page application where all they ask for is your social security number, date of birth, and credit card information (for a credit check). Like I said, it's frustrating. But, we have faith. We'll end up where we need to be. It's simple really...just nerve-wracking in the mean time. :)


This is hard for me. I am such a cleaning, tidying, and organizing fanatic, that I can't stand living in this chaos. Oh well, I will keep breathing deeply and reminding myself that it's just for a little while. :)

2 comments:

Lisa/Scott said...

Sorry about the chaos...I hate packing! The Lord I'm sure has a much better place planned for you than what you orginally wanted as far as a place to live goes. When I was 14 my family was moving and we'd already sold our house, but the house we were supposed to move into fell through a few weeks before we had to move. My family was devastated; especially my parents. I went to my room and prayed and then opened my scriptures and read Ether 12:6...and I knew that a better house would turn up, and it did. When I read your situation, that memory popped in my head and so I shared it with you. (:

Liz said...

Thanks Lisa. It's nice to be reassured every now and then. That's a great example!