our favorite quotes

"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire."— William Butler Yeats
refresh for more

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

20:30 AM

This morning I asked Buddha what he wanted to eat for breakfast. I went through a number of options and he shot them all down. Finally, I came to apple slices. He paused and said, "I eat slices of apple at nine o'clock." I chuckled and told him that it was already nine thirty, so would he like to eat them now? He responded, "No, I eat them at twenty thirty." I laughed and let it go. Seconds later he looked at the clock and declared dramatically, "Oh! It's eight thirty o'clock. I eat apple slices now." I love kids! If it's really true that laughter is the best medicine (and I think it is) then everyone needs kids in their life.

4 comments:

Lisa/Scott said...

I know what you mean...even though kids can be stressful, I think that people who don't have them are missing out on a lot of great moments. They put extra meaning into the everyday things in life...like learning how to tell the time. (:

Brooklet said...

I love this!! So funny. Its funny how much you can learn from a little kid about what his mommy says. He is too smart!!

Liz said...

May 17, 2007 10:19 PM, Uncle D said:

Buddha is the man! I miss the little dude. Lizzie, how about you send him over here for a month or so. I promise I'll take care of him. :) I have lots of toys.

Liz said...

May 18, 2007 2:05 AM, Auntie said:

HAHA! yeah, Elizabeth...send your kid to a war zone...come on, he really needs some time with his Uncle D. :) Sorry D, I just thought that was funny. Wow, I can't believe how smart Buddha is. Faces can learn from his genius cousins.