our favorite quotes

"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire."— William Butler Yeats
refresh for more

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Tagged

This was fun. I got tagged by my friend, Brooke, and in turn, I am tagging the following people:

Abby
Ember
Kari
Karin
Lisa

If you've already done this, or you don't really want to, just ignore my little challenge/tag. :) I won't be offended. But, I thought it looked fun, so if you decide to go for it, we'll all love being filled in on...you! :) Just copy and paste the following questions and answers into a post on your own blog. Then erase my answers and insert your own.

What were you doing ten years ago?
I was just finished with (or finishing) my sophomore year of high school, and I was getting ready to move to Chile with my family. I was sad and frustrated about having to leave my friends, not being able to get my driver's license after all, and not being able to go on a date with the guy I had a crush on at the time (I wasn't 16 yet). :) I got over it and enjoyed my time in Chile, though!

What were you doing one year ago?

Let's see...one year ago I was toward the end of my first trimester of pregnancy with Bugga. I was probably lolling about on the couch, bemoaning my sensitive stomach and stuffing myself full of Saltines. No, I'm just kidding. We had actually just moved to San Diego, and I was probably visiting Sea World, the San Diego Zoo, and the beach on a regular basis.

Five Snacks You Enjoy:
- Whole wheat bread and milk and cheese and raisins (I know it sounds interesting, but it's actually really good!)
- Honey toast (on whole wheat sunflower seed bread...mmm...I'm hungry) :)

- Veggies

- Fruits

- Whole wheat waffles with spy maple syrup

- Homemade nutty granola with plain yogurt (sorry, I know I'm supposed to do five, but I'm a HUGE snacker, so I've got tons of favorite snacks) :)


Five Songs You Know All The Words To:
- Bah, Bah Black Sheep
- ABC's

- Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star

- The Daddy Song

- The Mommy Song

(Sorry guys, I know this is pathetic, but any other music we listen to is usually just instrumental)


Five Things You Would Do If You Were A Millionaire:
- Definitely get a spacious home with a big backyard in a family-oriented neighborhood
- Buy a whole bunch of baby stuff that I'm always wanting to get

- Shop at the health food stores that I never go to now because they're just too expensive

- Go on vacation to Norway with The Chief and the kids

- Invest in real estate and get even richer :)


Five Bad Habits:
- Staying up too late!
- Cracking my knuckles

- The Chief says I chew with my mouth open, though I disagree. :)

- Reacting before thinking (this one is especially bad when you have a toddler)

- Leaving my kids in their diapers too long


Five Things You Like Doing:
- Reading
- Blogging

- Browsing Craigslist and other Internet sites for great deals

- Walking

- Tanning (I know, I know, beware of skin cancer and all that...blah, blah, blah...I need sunshine like I need air!)


Five Things You Would Never Wear Again:
- Brooke had it right when she said anything tapered (I agree 100%)
- My first pair of glasses (just picture an owl and you're seeing my frames) :)
- Big, huge, ruffly, clip-on hair bows

- A perm

- My "fat" clothes...I refuse to ever go back there


Five Favorite Toys:
- My books are my toys
- Stroller

- Computer

- Digital camera

- Video camera

(These are all basically the same as yours, Brooke. I guess I just don't have many toys of my own. I love my kids' toys because they free me up!) :)

3 comments:

Scott and Karin said...

Park does pretty well with the bath seat...although it is pretty bulky and a pain to store. It works great though when I have to give both kids a bath at the same time and one isn't sitting independently yet without falling all the time. Park does love a good bath. He doesn't really splash around much, but he always looks really relaxed. Thanks for the tag, btw.

Brooklet said...

I don't think I have ever seen a pic of your first pair of glasses, though I really do think it deserves as post (con pic).

Its amazing where ten years gets us- I meet you 8 years ago- can you believe that!!!

Liz said...

Oh my gosh, Brooklyn! I have never thought of that. I can't believe it. That's CRAZY!! That makes me feel old. Hmmm...I'll have to look and see if I have any pictures of my first pair of glasses. I'd be embarrassed to post a picture, but everyone else would get a nice ripe laugh out of it, so I guess it would be worth it. :)