our favorite quotes

"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire."— William Butler Yeats
refresh for more

Monday, May 14, 2007

Buddha's First Bike!

Buddha got his first bike today! The Chief dropped it off at the house while Buddha was still napping, then took off to the golf course for some chipping and putting. Buddha woke up while The Chief was still gone and boy did he get excited! He put on his helmet right away and set about "waiting" for Daddy. He kept asking me, "please Mommy, please you put it together." When I told him I couldn't build his bike for him and that Daddy had to do it, he said, "please, Daddy wanna come home and build my bike, please, please!" I called The Chief a few times before he realized his phone was buzzing in his pocket (it's always on vibrate) and he called me back. Luckily he was on his way home. He built Buddha's bike for him and told him they could go outside and test it out for a few minutes before dinner, and then go back out again after dinner. However, when dinner was ready just five minutes after they had gone outside, Buddha wasn't having it! He did not want to come back in so soon. I felt so bad for him! He cried and cried and screamed and cried, with big tears rolling down his cheeks. He just didn't get it that we were going to go back out right after dinner. I guess delayed gratification isn't something a two-year-old should be expected to have mastered. :) But the funny part is that when we went back out after dinner, he was more interested in running around than riding his bike. I guess the kid must have been going stir crazy indoors. :)

4 comments:

Marcia said...

Yes, he seems a little young for a pedal bike. We'll see if he ends up as co-ordinated as your brother Daniel was. At age four he was riding a two-wheeler that had lost one pedal. It had no training wheels. He pedaled all around the cul-d-sac with one pedal keeping the bike perfectly aright. A hilarious sight to see.

Super pictures, funny boy.

Brooklet said...

oh, the "daddy wanna come home, please, please" part is soooo darn cute. I love, love to see kids get excited like that! Claire is now at the point when we go to the park or go to play in the water fountain, she says- I am so dexcited!" I love it!!

Kari said...

How fun, just wait you'll be chasing around with that thing before you know it. We went for a bike ride the other day to the store and let Parker rise his own bike. It took more than 30mins to get there. On the way home he got to rise with KC in the trailer, it ook 5 mins to get home. They love riding bikes though

Lisa/Scott said...

So cute! I love your wedding pictures by the way, I'm jealous you got pictures on the beach...beautiful!!!