our favorite quotes

"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire."— William Butler Yeats
refresh for more

Monday, May 28, 2007

Freecycle

Like our new swing? I found it...for FREE!! Recently, I was told by a couple of friends about a site called Freecycle. The purpose of this site is to keep stuff out of land fills for as long as possible by recycling your old stuff rather than dumping it. The really cool thing about this site is that everything is free - hence the name Freecycle - and if someone wants what you're offering, they have to come pick it up (no more carting loads over to DI if you have something someone else can use). You can go to the link above (or on the side bar) to find your local Freecycle group (they are all over the world) and sign up to start getting rid of old stuff or start searching for things you need. As they say, "One man's trash is another man's treasure!" This swing needed a little TLC (and a whole lot of Clorox wipes and bleach) and some new batteries, but after the clean-up, it was as good as new and Bugga loves it. A great find for free if I do say so myself. My back is thanking me anyway. :) Now get Freecycling!

3 comments:

Kari said...

Cool. I'm glad you found something you could use! You should see the cool entertainment center we got from freecycle last week. Love the pics of Anders. Very cute!

Jolene said...

Thanks for the info. I will have to check it out. I wanted to get a swing for our new little one, because we lost pieces to our old one when we moved. Thanks again.

Marcia said...

That look on Anders face is choice. Kind of like, "Glad you got this swing free, but I won't be staying in it much.""