our favorite quotes

"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire."— William Butler Yeats
refresh for more

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Black

The Chief's sister, Sooz, was in town this last weekend. She stayed with us, much to Buddha's delight, and we got to hang out all weekend! On Saturday, she dyed my hair for me. I'm starting to go grey, so I wanted to cover that up, and maybe spice things up a bit with a warmer, darker brown. Well, warmer, darker brown ended up being brassy and orange. So, I threw my hands up and said, "What the heck, let's do it black!" I've had almost black hair before, and I really liked it, so I wasn't too worried about this change. Well, Sooz had to dye my hair two more times (bless you, you sweet girl!) before it was all well and covered. I love it! Black is exotic, dark, mysterious, flirtatious, and sexy. It's basically everything I haven't felt like since before I settled down and had two kids (not that I would change that for the world). :) I'm having fun with my new hair and I'm especially grateful that the grey is gone...for now. Sooz also gave The Chief and me the chance to go on a date - something we haven't done for a REALLY long time. It was fun! Thanks, Sooz! Here are a couple of pictures showing how much fun Buddha has with his Aunt Sooz. He adores her. These are from Christmas because I didn't take any pictures when she came this last week.


9 comments:

Brooklet said...

I remember the black hair from before- it was very sleek, new york!! And wasn't that the model (Blair?) era. If I remembered that correctly, then I impress even myself.

Black looks good on you- i just don't want to hear anything about you going out and getting a belly ring or anything wild like that!!

Lisa/Scott said...

I always liked that color on you...I liked it a lot when you had it before, and it still looks good now. It's flattering to your eyes and skin. (:

Liz said...

Woah, Brooke, I can't believe you remember the whole Blair thing. It still creeps me out thinking about him. Good memory!

Ummm...no belly button ring this time around. :) I think I'll stick with just dying my hair now...and maybe an eyebrow ring and a nose ring...but that's it. :)

Thanks, Lisa! The effect of black hair on my complexion is exactly why I chose black. I remembered it being flattering and I wanted that again. :)

abby said...

I love it liz!! It looks so good. I remember when you went to, I think it was one of the beauty academies while we were at school. Anyway you came back with striped hair. Remember? But, black is great on you! It's important to spice things up a bit every now and then. You go girl!!

Marcia said...

Dark hair dyes cause cancer. Don't be afraid of gray hair. Just use something like Bed Head Manipulator to bring out the dark you still have left and to make the grey shine.

Marcia said...

You are pretty enough and young enough that you don't need to dye your hair. Be brave and go grey. Liz Jensen did and is beautiful. I did, too, but ummm, am not too beautiful.

Liz said...

June 1, 2007 3:18 PM, Auntie said:

Whoa- sexy lady!! Hello, now The Chief has to watch you carefully when you go out- keep the other guys at bay. You look hot Elizabeth- I'm impressed. I miss my hair dye, but hey, nursing Faces is a good thing too. :) Now you should wear some super silky red things, and go to church like that.

Liz said...

June 1, 2007 6:44 PM, Liz said:

Is there anything left in this world that doesn't cause cancer?

Liz said...

June 1, 2007 10:44 PM, Auntie said:

haha- cabbage....no, wait...