our favorite quotes

"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire."— William Butler Yeats
refresh for more

Monday, May 28, 2007

Bugga's 6-Month Stats

We took Bugga to his 6-month checkup on Friday (one week late...I'm always late). :) He is doing awesome and he is a big kid! He weighs 17lbs. 3oz. (43rd percentile), and he is 28in. tall (91st percentile)!! His head circumference is 18in. which is the 92nd percentile, so he's definitely taking after his Daddy and big brother. :) He's growing like a weed and wants to eat all the time...even with adding solid foods to his diet. The doctor said that once Bugga starts scooting (he's so close) and crawling, he'll probably thin out even more since he's so tall. It's funny how two siblings can be so different. Buddha takes after me - short and stout. :) Bugga has Bagel genes in him - tall and lean. I wonder what the next kid will be like? Maybe tall and stout? :) Here are some Bugga pictures for your enjoyment.

Cute little telephone, eh?

Bugga ALWAYS has his mouth wide open! :)

Check out those teeth!

Bugga and Big Bear

Trying to fly!

Bugga with his much-adored big brother, Buddha. :)

6 comments:

Brooklet said...

Very cute- I love the big smile pictures!! And he is already six months!! Crazy.

Liz said...

May 29, 2007 3:18 PM, Mom said:

He could have some tall genes from the O's and H's, too. Dad has a tall brother. I have two tall sons and a tall brother. Granny just about canceled out any tall genes but there are some. Bugga really looks like the O side of the family. I see lots of you in his face. He is so darling. I wish I could squeeze him. He could also have a big head from me. I wear a hat size bigger than some men, like your dad.

Liz said...

May 29, 2007 3:20 PM, Liz said:

Ha ha ha, I didn't know that, Mom. I've always wondered what my head size is comparatively. Maybe my head is big, too. :)

Liz said...

May 29, 2007 11:03 PM, ScottnLisa said:

Isn't it amazing that Bugga is only one kid after Buddha and still looks so different? It makes me curious to see if that will happen to me or if the Itri gene will dominate all my kids. Then again Scott has blond brothers that don't look like him at all. I've seen the families where all the kids look alike and I've seen the families where you can see the two "molds" from each parent. I always thought Buddha looks like a carbon copy of The Chief and I agree with your mom, Bugga looks more like you. Good thing you're both good looking!

Liz said...

June 3, 2007 3:13 PM, Marilee said:

Wow, Liz, he is growing up so fast!!!
When we saw him in February he still seemed so little. The funny thing is that Bugga is bigger at 6 months than Megan was at her 1 year checkup.
She's always in the "below the 5th percentile" category.

I'm so sad we didn't get to see each other when we were in Utah in April!! Hopefully next time...

Liz said...

June 3, 2007 5:49 PM, Liz said:

Woah, Marilee, that's crazy that Megan is so little! I have chunkers, but they're not even close to what we were (my siblings and I) as babies. I should put a picture of D and Josey as babies on the blog. They were enormous!!!

I'm sad we didn't get to see each other, too. The Chief's law buddies wanted to get together before everyone split after graduation and it was important for him to be there.

Well, look at it this way, now you can come visit us in San Diego and take a true vacation at the same time. It's going to be crazy to live in a vacation destination city! But, we hope that means we'll see people more often than we would if we lived elsewhere. Now people can kill two birds with one stone by visiting. :)

Love you!