our favorite quotes

"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire."— William Butler Yeats
refresh for more

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

"No, my ball is orange!"

The Chief was putting around the house with Buddha the other day. Buddha has his own set of plastic golf clubs from Wal-Mart with green plastic golf balls. The Chief asked Buddha what color his ball was, and he said, "Orange." The Chief said, "No, your ball is green." Buddha said, "My ball is orange." The Chief then asked him what color his own ball was (he putts around the house with regular white golf balls), and Buddha said, "Your ball is red." The Chief was really confused since Buddha has no trouble with colors. Then a thought dawned on him and he continued asking Buddha, "What color was Mommy's ball?" Without hesitation, Buddha replied, "Green!" The Chief went on, "What color was Grandma's ball?" "Purple." And, "What color was Grandpa's ball?" Again, no pause when Buddha responded, "Yellow!" He was telling The Chief what all the colors of our balls were when we went miniature golfing on April 26th! Granted, it hasn't even been a month, but we never actually noted the colors of our balls around him, and we haven't talked about them since then! Talk about attention to detail. Buddha has an amazing memory. When The Chief was telling me about this incident, Buddha was standing close by and again he filled in all the colors while The Chief related the story. Again, no hesitation, and he was totally right the second time as well! Our son never ceases to amaze me!

4 comments:

Kari said...

What a memory! So fun to see what they remember and what is importnat to them. I think it would be so cool to have a chance to see the world exactly the way my kids do.

Marcia said...

I like your little stories. They are darling. Kids are so funny.

Brooklet said...

I once heard that the sign of a genious IQ in a kid is his memory. Sounds like you have a little Einstein on your hands.

Liz said...

I've never heard that Brooke! Interesting. Well, I'm just glad he remembers more than I do. :) My brain cells migrated south during pregnancy and it seems they've been put to good use. :)P