our favorite quotes

"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire."— William Butler Yeats
refresh for more

Friday, June 22, 2007

Bugga's Turn

We went swimming again and this time Mommy and Bugga got in, too. Bugga also got his moment in front of the camera this go round. He did great swimming. He even swam under the water quite a few times! How's that for a 7-month-old?! :) He got dunked so many times that he started clinging to me any time I shifted my hands (I was doing what you taught me, Mom - out, under, pull toward me, cuddle). But, he never cried! He's a trooper.



6 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow Liz, He really doesn't cry when he goes under the water. My kids have been so afraid of the water. We spent the last four weeks of swim lessons just trying to get Kenna to put her face in the water. Does that method really work? It sounds like it worked for your kids. Do you have to start them really young?

Liz said...

Yeah, he really didn't cry. When we started Soren out that way too, he also didn't cry. When they're that little, they sort of just "accept" it. They're very trusting. I think it works, you just have to keep it up during the winter. Soren forgot how to enjoy the water after an entire winter away and when we started swimming again with him, he was old enough to know to be afraid. I think it's best if you start kids really young. My mom was a swim instructor. She taught us all how to swim when we were really little.

Brooklet said...

How can Ander's already be seven months??? Crazy, but I bet he was loving that water. Fun times.

Lisa/Scott said...

That top picture of Anders is to die for! It looks like it should be on the cover of American Baby magazine. So cute.

Marcia said...

That's right; I was a swimming instructor for many years. Now they won't let me in a pool especially with a swimming suit on. Gruesome: some here, some there.

Liz said...

Ha ha ha! Thanks for the visual, Mom. :) You're a riot!