our favorite quotes

"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire."— William Butler Yeats
refresh for more

Thursday, June 14, 2007

You Look Good In Red

The Chief went golfing yesterday and because it was 18 holes and there were five players, it took them about five hours. Yesterday was in the 90's (degrees, that is) here. It was really, really hot! So, by the time The Chief got home, he looked like a tomato. He got really burned, despite the fact that he's been out golfing on a regular basis during the day. I'd hate to see what he would have looked like had this been his first extended outdoor activity of the summer! :) Well, this evening I was sitting on our rocking chair, and The Chief was in the kitchen getting a Dove dark chocolate square. I didn't have my glasses on and I was trying to explain my extreme blindness to The Chief. So, I told him, "All I see is a red blob over there." For a split second, he rolled his eyes in exasperation, then he looked down and busted up laughing. He walked over to give me the little "thought" that was imprinted on the inside of his chocolate wrapper (each square has one). Here's what it said:


Classic. What more can be said? It was perfect timing. God has a great sense of humor, I think.

1 comment:

Lisa/Scott said...

I love the little moments that we have with our spouses like that...it's the little experiences like that with Scott that remind me everyday that he's my best friend. I love laughing with him, and it looks like you guys have a lot of great moments too! Kudos!