our favorite quotes

"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire."— William Butler Yeats
refresh for more

Monday, June 4, 2007

Fun in the Sun!

Last Friday the boys and I got to go play at a nearby park in the fountain with our friends. We had a great time enjoying the warm weather and cool water. We all need a little more color on our skin (especially me). :) Gotta get ready for the year-round sunny California weather. :) Yes, I'm rubbing it in. Thanks for a great time Jacqui and Co.

9 comments:

Lisa/Scott said...

I can't wait to get wet like you guys this summer...we're waiting another 2 weeks untill we go on vacation, but your pictures are making me jealous!

Liz said...

Why wait?! Come on down and get splashing around!

Jolene said...

Looks like fun. We are still waiting for the hot sun to come out. It has been either too windy or cloudy to go swimming.

Liz said...

Hey, Jolene, do you guys have "May Grey" and "June Gloom" there? I know they have that in San Diego. During those months, the marine layer sticks around pretty much all day long. It's the greatest time to get a base tan without burning (I discovered that last summer). :) Don't worry, you're sun will come out soon enough and then you'll be wishing it hadn't because you'll be spending all day every day putting on sun block and washing it off. That's the thing I hate the most about summer...everything else is great! :)

Marcia said...

Do you think it's safe to play in public fountains? What about Giardia?

Scott and Karin said...

who is the baby in one of those pics? He looks almost exactly like Park! It's so funny. I had to look a few times just to check!

Liz said...

Anders is in those pictures and Jacqui's baby girl. They are together on the towel.

Liz said...

I think it's Anders you're talking about, Karin. I've often thought he and Park look a bit similar. :)

Scott and Karin said...

Woops! I meant, she....she looks a lot like Park.