our favorite quotes

"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire."— William Butler Yeats
refresh for more

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

"Where's Your Lawyer?"

Buddha is at a fun age where I can teach him things and he'll retain and repeat. In the movie Cars, Sheriff brings Lightning McQueen to the courthouse to be sentenced. He rounds on him and demands, "Where's your lawyer?" I'm always repeating that phrase around the house because it's said in such a fun, twangy accent. Well, since my brief instruction session with Buddha, I can ask that question now and in response, Buddha will say, "My Daddy's my lawyer." :)

3 comments:

Scott and Karin said...

That's super cute! I totally know what you mean about feeling like a bad mom. I have a lot of the same problems with Annicka and I get frustrated and upset way too easily and I forget how young she is sometimes because she can talk and understand so many things...I forget how little she doesn't understand sometimes. I can relate. There are so many times at the end of a day I'll look back and think about what I did and how I reacted to something. We are all learning.

Brooklet said...

That makes three years of grad school worth it to hear your son answer that question correctly! How cute!

Lisa said...

Liz that is awesome! Soren is such a smart kid! Kev and I both laughed when we read that. I guess we think can realate because we watch "cars" all the time with Parker.