our favorite quotes

"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire."— William Butler Yeats
refresh for more

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Ode to The Chief - Happy Father's Day!

Papa,

I love you sooooo much...a lot! :) You are a wonderful man full of love, strength, compassion, intelligence, creativity, patience, and tenderness. I love you more today than I did the day we got married, but I think that I love you in a different way - a much more appreciative way. Every day we are together, I realize how much I need you. You make our family work. I'm a woman, so naturally I'm quite emotional. You are the stone - firm and immovable - that keeps our family strong and solid against the world day after day. You help me laugh at myself. You hold me when I need to cry. You provide for our two little ones and me - no questions asked. I can't imagine what it must be like to walk away from your home each day, leaving your loved ones behind as you pound out a living away from the support of your family. Just know this: every day we think about you, we talk about you, we pray for you, we love you, and we anticipate your return with gladness! You are a great example of hard work for our children and for me. Our boys love you so much! My favorite thing in the whole entire world is to watch you interacting with Buddha and Bugga. Buddha loves to "golf putt" with his Daddy, and Bugga is never so comfortable as when he's sitting on your lap, reclining on your belly, sucking away at his precious thumb. Every now and then I'll look up and catch him staring up at you adoringly. You are a wonderful husband, an amazing father, an awesome son, a great friend, a righteous priesthood leader, a dedicated student, and the list goes on. And they say women are better at multi-tasking!?! Thank you for being my best friend.

Love,
Mama

Here's what The Chief got for Father's Day....You know what they say, "The way to a man's heart, is through his stomach." I just hope that these fatty celebration meals don't go to his heart in a medically unsound way. :) This doesn't happen very often anyway, just ask The Chief. Jacqui, I hope seeing this makes you proud. :)

Breakfast of bacon, eggs, hash browns, and french toast!

Yummy pot roast for dinner with potatoes, carrots, onions, and garlic.

Cake for dessert - compliments of Mommy and Buddha.

Mmmm...whole wheat carrot cake with honey cream cheese frosting!

(Recipes coming soon on The Bagel Factory)

9 comments:

Marcia said...

Elizabeth, my little domesticated daughter cooking up a storm. The food looked absolutely scrumptious. Way to go. Lucky Dan. It's good you don't feed him like that every day.

Daniel said...

Wow that food looks amazing! By the way, you forgot to mention, "You are the wind beneath my wings." :)

Brooklet said...

That was a beautiful note to Dan. And the food looks Martha Stewart came to dinner!

Anonymous said...

Dad here:

All those tantalizing foods (that I don't eat any more)! And all I got for Father's Day was 17-hour day without a pause, giving final orientation to our biggest group of missionaries prior to departure, and preparing at least one to return home instead of the mission. My, what insidious sins some of them succumb to these days. Mom's right, Dan's a "lucky" man. And his wife is a "lucky" woman. What a great combination to experience life together! Love and blessings. Abba DKO

The Chief said...

Thank you for everything. I really do appreciate all that you do for me day-in and day-out. You are the wind beneath my wings ;)

Jarem Frye said...

Okay, Elizabeth- no more pictures of food allowed....haha. You're making me hungry. Awww...Father's Day is sweet. I think we're missing a kids day now- I'm sure Hallmark will invent it soon. We're lucky Elizabeth- we got married to great, wonderful, genius men. I think we're blessed cuz mom and dad keep going on these annoying mission where they have to work 17 hour days. :)

Jarem Frye said...

I posted that last comment, not Jarem! This is Sara. I can never make this thing work right!!! Hehe:)

Lisa said...

Wow Liz, you really went all out with the food. You are such a good cook. I remember how good your pot roast smells. I was craving it that one time when I was pregnant.

Liz said...

Ha ha, Lisa, that's funny! This is actually the first pot roast that I've ever made. Dan made all the rest. :) That one you smelled when you came...yeah, that was Dan, too. :) It did turn out pretty good, though. It was a little dry because I failed to add enough liquid, but Dan saved it half way through by adding an entire box of beef broth. :)